Smash Book Sunday: Summarizing 2014



I hope you all had a lovely Christmas! We're still at Keith's parents' house having a nice quiet time. I'm thinking a lot about the past year and preparing for whatever 2015 might bring. In that spirit, I thought I'd do a post showing some more of my 2014 smash book. I've been smashing regularly all year, and I'm just finishing the last spread of my 2014 book.



The K&Company smash books have the perfect amount of pages for me to record one year - I usually do 2 or 3 spreads per month, or more if something particularly exciting happens. As I write this I'm finishing my third book, and I'm considering what type of memory keeping to do for next year.


So far, I have used the Mod, Doodle and Simple smash folios - I like simple smash books where the pages are not too full of illustrations and other distracting stuff. For next year I have ordered the Eco smash folio as well as the Pink folio gift pack bundle, which includes a new elastic band and a really neat pocket smash book which I think could work well on vacations or trips.
  
Pink Folio Gift Pack (image by K&Company)



But I'm also considering keeping a more traditional journal this year. Sometimes I feel like doing longer, more personal journal entries, and I don't think Smash books are the best place for that - if nothing else, I want to be able to show off my smash book here on the blog or share it with friends and family without having to "hide" those more personal pages! This summer, I got a fantastic Paperblanks notebook which would work well as a journal - if I can bring myself to actually write in it, that is. Still debating with myself, we'll see what I come up with.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment