Achoo!

I'm sorry it's been ages since my last post, but I've been REALLY sick! Keith got a cold last week so of course I caught it too, only worse! Not much energy left over for blogging - or anything else for that matter. Also, school started up again on Monday, and this semester looks like it's going to be a lot of work... Phew!

Anyway, I just HAD to make a post today to thank Gina at Soul Glo for sending me the most amazing ephemera pack! I won a giveaway over at her blog a few weeks ago, and today my package arrived, and it's just awesome. So many pretty things! There are pages from old books, postcards, scrabble tiles, ribbon, flowers, and lots and lots of cool paper and images. I can't wait to use everything! Here's a pic of some of the goodies (there was no way I could fit them all in one pic):

HPIM2584

I'm afraid I don't have much altered artyness to show you yet, but here are some doodles I made yesterday:

HPIM2574

I mainly made this to experiment with packaging tape transfers... It's a great method for getting semi-transparent images like the one on this page - you can see the text through the image of the hand holding the plant. I made a ton last week, as I went though some old magazines headed for the recycling. Now I just have to find a way to use all of them! :-)

I'm going to be super busy this week as I prepare for my mothers wedding on Saturday (I'm so excited!) so I probably won't be blogging again until the weekend is over. Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, poor you! I can feel your pain - my husband ALWAYS gets me sick. He will feel a little tired, and two days later I'm unable to function.

    I love your collage - packing tape transfers are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love weddings, have fun at your mom's! And your page looks really cool. I love the packaging tape transer. I think I will have to try that-just what I need, more projects to start! Thanks for sharing and do feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta det lugnt så du inte blir sjuk igen! Och ha det så skoj på bröllopet, bröllop är alltid kul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I apologize for taking forEVER to send it but I was sick as a dog and now have surgery scheduled on v39! Ha det så bra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vilket toksvårt projekt. Galet tålamod du måste ha! Imponerande :)

    ReplyDelete